Bethany’s Independent Living program is on campus using the houseparent model and geared towards youth age 16-20 who have maintained satisfactory educational progress (or may be working on their GED or college/higher education program), have demonstrated the ability to function appropriately with a minimal level of supervision, and have consistently utilized appropriate social skills and coping mechanisms to maintain appropriate interaction with his/her peers, staff, and the community.
Youth in the IL program receive all of the services and supports provided in the Residential Treatment Program, plus the following:
- Advanced Life Skills Education and Independent Living Training
- Completion of a personalized transition plan
- Development of a personal portfolio (birth certificate, social security card, etc.)
- Completion of a level system working toward Supervised Independent Living
- Required educational programming, work, and/or community service hours to equal 40 hours weekly
- Expectations and privileges based on level system
- Outcomes are tracked
Click here for referrals.